Gokaiger to Power Rangers Super Megaforce
Compiled by Joe Rovang
Power Rangers Super Megaforce (2014) adapts footage from Gokaiger, a sentai starring pirate-themed team who use Ranger Keys to take on the powers (and suits) of past Ranger/sentai teams.
Names below in square brackets are placeholders.
|Super Mega Rangers|
||Troy's upgraded form; uses both sword (Super Mega Saber) and gun (Super Mega Blaster)|
||Noah's upgraded form; primarily uses sword(s)|
||Jake's upgraded form; primarily uses gun(s)|
||Gia's upgraded form; primarily uses sword(s)|
||Emma's upgraded form; primarily uses gun(s)|
||new character named Orion; gains an armored Gold Mode later in the series|
||large battle foreshadowed in Megaforce (season 1), to occur in SMF #20|
||appears briefly late in the series (akin to a cameo)|
||figurines/keys resembling past and present Rangers|
||additional batch of keys which debut circa Orion's arrival|
||additional batch of keys which show up later (mostly unused in Super Megaforce)|
|Super Mega Cannon
||five-key cannon, debuts in sentai ep 32|
||flying red pirate ship|
||comprised of Sky Ship and four other vehicles usually stored inside ship|
||red version of four Titans' dragon formation from Mystic Force (debuts in sentai ep 3); allows formation of Mystic Force Megazord|
||red patrol car Zord from SPD (debuts in sentai ep 5); allows formation of SPD Megazord|
||Cole's Wildzord from Wild Force (debuts in sentai ep 9); allows formation of centaur-like Legendary Wild Force Megazord and warrior-like Legendary Samurai Megazord|
||red and white ship; featured prominently in sentai ep 50; allows formation of flying [Legendary Heliship Megazord]; unused in PR|
||blue T-rex/robot/ship used by Silver (debuts in sentai ep 18); combines (rarely) with Legendary Megazord to form Legendary Q-Rex Megazord|
||green variation of Ninja Storm's Minizord (debuts in sentai ep 25); allows formation of Legendary Ninja Megazord]|
|Turbo Falcon Zord
||original RPM Zord, bears the number 13 (debuts in sentai ep 35); allows formation of [Legendary RPM Megazord|
|Ultimate Legendary Megazord
||combination of Legendary Megazord, Q-Rex, and Turbo Falcon Zord (debuts in sentai ep 38)|
||invading alien forces|
||melodramatic leader of armada (sentai eps 1-38); brother of Vrak|
||serious, large brown armored fellow (sentai eps 1-43)|
||green weapons expert (sentai eps 1-49)|
||stoic mechanical general (sentai eps 1-38)|
||low-level foot soldiers|
||tougher foot soldiers, colored blue|
||toughest foot soldiers (debut in sentai ep 37); official name unknown|
||treacherous pirate (first appears in usable monster form in sentai ep 31, defeated in ep 48); unused in PR|
||robotic simian loyal to Basco (dies in sentai ep 47); unused in PR|
||supreme leader of the armada (debuts circa sentai ep 38/39)|
|Team||Troy||Noah||Jake||Gia||Emma||Sixth Rangers||[Helper Heroes]
||Red||Blue||Black||Yellow (with skirt)||Pink
||Red||Blue||Green||Yellow (with skirt)||Pink
||(no sentai Ninjor key)
||(no sentai Auric key)
||(no sentai Phantom key)
||Red||Blue||Green||Yellow (with skirt)||Pink
||Red||Blue||Green||Yellow (with skirt)||Pink
||(no sentai Titanium key)
||Red||Blue||Green||Yellow (with skirt)||Pink
||Red||Blue||Black||Yellow (with skirt)||White
||Red||Blue (male)||Crimson||Yellow (with skirt)||Navy (with skirt)
||Red||Blue (male)||Green||Yellow (with skirt)||Pink
||Wolf Warrior, Mystic White
||Red||Blue||Wolf||Yellow||Rhino (with skirt)
||Dai Shi, Camille
||Red||Blue||Green||Yellow||Black (with skirt)
Each sentai episode is summarized below in blue as though it were closely adapted for Power Rangers (though any number of plot points will likely change to reflect the piratey powers being used by the existing Megaforce team). Usable sentai footage is listed in black bullet points.
The Super Megaforce Rangers engage the armada for the first time.
- The armada assaults a city (if not the Earth at large).
- An armada of Rangers battles a huge army of X-Borgs and Bruisers (this is the "Legendary Battle," glimpsed in premonitions in Megaforce season 1).
- Golden energy flies up and wipes out the armada; sparkles drift away into space. Transition to the Sky Ship in space (some time later?).
- The Sky Ship flies over the surface of the moon and is met by a fleet of armada warships. The Sky Ship defends itself and finishes the fleet as the Legendary Megazord. The Zords then separate and fit inside each other, and the Sky Ship heads toward Earth below.
- The Sky Ship drops anchor over a city.
- A new armada fleet approaches Earth. In a chariot-themed flagship are Vekar and his officers.
- Armada ships release mixed grunts and a monster. Mayhem follows until the five Super Megaforce Rangers debut (right). They fight X-Borgs a while, trading weapons along the way.
- More mixed grunts attack; the Rangers become Samurai Rangers and then Mystic Rangers. Soon, only the monster remains; as Super Megaforce, the team ends the battle with sword finishers (Super Megaforce keys inserted into swords).
Update: Portions of this episode were adapted as SMF #1: "Super Megaforce" (and moon battle in SMF #2). The Legendary Battle is being saved for SMF #20.
A clue sends the team searching for a man in black. Troy lets a defiant young civilian borrow the Samurai Red key after thinking back on his own past.
- Warships, mixed grunts, and a monster attack. A seemingly young novice Samurai Red fends off the grunts but gets swatted aside by the monster.
- Elsewhere, the SMF Rangers fight X-Borgs, using dual finishers (sword and gun) to defeat a trio of Bruisers.
- The Rangers become SPD Rangers to shoot the monster's missiles and fight him up close as Ninja Storm Rangers.
- The Rangers finish the monster off as Red Rangers (SMF Red as Samurai Red, Blue as Wild Force Red, Green as Megaforce Red (!), Yellow as Mystic Force Red, and Pink as Jungle Fury Red).
- A purple beam (fired by Levira from the flagship) enlarges the monster and Bruisers. The Zords fight individually a while before triumphing as the Legendary Megazord.
Oddity: During the all-Red change, Jake (Megaforce Black/Green) changes into Megaforce Red (this scene was modified for PR).
Update: Battle footage from this episode was incorporated into SMF #1.
Separated from the others, Troy and Jake overcome perils to meet the man in black (above), the former Red Mystic Ranger, who grants the team a new Zord.
- The Sky Ship crashes somewhere after a foggy run-in with an armada warship.
- The SMF Rangers fight grunts and a monster in the mountains. The monster makes an explosion.
- Yellow, Blue, and Pink continue to fend off grunts alone, soon morphing into Black Rangers (Aquitian, Dino, and RPM) and then White Rangers (Wild Force, [JAKQ], and [Jetman]). The monster retreats.
- The five SMF Rangers unite and defeat the Bruisers. Green initiates a team transformation into the Mystic Rangers (full SMF-to-Mystic morph). After some magic attacks, the Rangers revert and use their gun finisher.
- The monster and Bruisers grow. The Megazord is blasted by the Bruisers' jet forms, but the Rangers use the now-glowing Mystic Force keys, and the Megazord sprouts a new (old) Zord: the Mystic Dragon (right). The day is saved.
Oddity: The Mystic Force morph seen here lacked the acrobatics of the PRMF morph.
Update: The all-Black change from this episode was incorporated into SMF #4.
Emma is concerned as Noah refines his swordsmanship to defeat a monster.
- Downtown as the Rangers try various keys, the Legendary Megazord pops open its compartments twice, each time failing to produce anything noteworthy. Onlookers lose interest.
- The Rangers confront a sword-wielding monster downtown; he compares them to pictures on a wanted poster. The others fight grunts as Blue faces the monster's sword power and loses.
- Armed with two swords, Blue faces the monster at the shore and is grappled by Bruisers. Pink rushes in but is grappled by Bruisers. The others descend from the Sky Ship and occupy the Bruisers. During the grunt fight, Pink is missing her sword (Blue has it).
- The four Rangers fight as Jungle Fury Rangers and then SPD Rangers.
- Blue bests the monster's sword attack; faced with a new attack, he receives swords from the other three Rangers and fights with five swords at once (right). He then uses five Blue keys (Megaforce, Samurai, Mystic Force, Ninja Storm, and Lost Galaxy) to project a quintiple slash (five Blues seen in original genders); the monster dies.
- The monster and Bruisers are enlarged. The Mystic Dragon joins the fight; victory ensues.
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #3: "Blue Saber Saga."
While following a "police" clue, Troy is briefly arrested by SPD officers. He eventually gains Doggie Cruger's trust, and the team receives the Delta Runner.
- The four Rangers (sans Red) fight grunts, soon morphing into the RPM Rangers and then the [Dairangers]. Energy blasts finish off three Bluebots at sunset.
- In a warehouse, Red fights grunts and a monster. He blasts a machine of some sort and is joined by the others.
- Outside at night, the team transforms into SPD Rangers (full SMF-to-SPD morph). They fight and finish the monster in this form.
- After being enlarged, the monster pulls a drill device from a warehouse. Upon forming, the Legendary Megazord takes the drill and hurls it into space (into the armada).
- The Megazord sprouts attachments which deploy as the Delta Runner (right). The monster and Megazord have a gun battle downtown, and the monster loses to the SPD Megazord.
Oddity: The SPD morph seen here lacked the acrobatics of the standard SPD morph. Also, not that we'd know from Power Rangers alone, but the original sentai version of Dairanger Yellow was skirtless (and male), while her suit here now has a skirt.
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #2: "Earth Fights Back" (minus cameos).
Gia works for a wealthy man whose obsession with money has estranged him from his daughter.
- At a mansion, Yellow confronts a goofy spy monster, fighting as [SunVulcan] Yellow and Overdrive Yellow.
- The four Rangers (minus Yellow) fight the monster and grunts. As the [JAKQ] team, they fight and then perform a whirlwind attack.
- In a burning mansion, Yellow (right) becomes Lightspeed Yellow and sprays her way through the flames with a Thermo Blaster.
- Outside, Lightspeed Yellow becomes Turbo Yellow.
- All become SMF Rangers again, and Yellow does more pummeling before a finishing team slash. The monster grows, and the SPD Megazord finishes him.
Oddity: Since when did the Thermo Blasters fight fires? In PR, they fired heat beams! Also, Lightspeed Yellow now has a skirt to match Lightspeed Pink's, but Lightspeed Yellow was already female (but just skirtless) in PRLR.
Update: Not adapted.
Noticing their combat abilities are inferior to their teammates', Emma and Jake take up kung fu; their teacher turns out to be the tiger-child (former Jungle Fury Red) mentioned in a clue.
- The Rangers fight grunts, but a kung fu monster magnetically steals their weapons. Green and Pink are pummeled, but the other three hold their own as Wild Force Rangers. The monster retreats, leaving Green and Pink ashamed.
- Red, Yellow, and Blue fight the monster again, this time holding onto their weapons as he draws them in. They fight as [SunVulcan] but fall to his beam attack. Pink and Green attack without success, but the team triumphs as Jungle Fury Rangers (right). Gun finisher.
- In the Zord fight, the Megazord unleashes the spirits of the Jungle Fury Zords (Tiger, Cheetah, Jaguar, Wolf, and Rhino).
Oddity: Wild Force Yellow now has a skirt to match Wild Force White's, but Wild Force Yellow was already female (but just skirtless) in PRWF.
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #6: "Spirit of the Tiger" (with Casey cameo).
The villains spy on the Rangers as they scour the Sky Ship for their ally. He/she returns and mentions an island in the sky.
- The Mystic Force Megazord destroys three giant Bruisers.
- On the flagship, Levira and Damaras review the SMF Rangers' "wanted" flyers.
- Joined by grunts at the waterfront, a monster converses with a small ball resembling his head. The body throws the ball, missing several times, but it eventually lands in the crow's nest of the hovering Sky Ship.
- Waiting below, the monster worries several times (right). The ball later flies out of the Sky Ship, and the monster retrieves it.
- The Rangers fight Graybots. They become Wild Force Rangers and then switch to [Denziman] powers for electric gauntlet attacks. Then as [Goggle V], they use ribbons to fling the monster around. As SMF Rangers, they win with their sword finisher.
- In giant form, the monster throws the ball, but the Legendary Megazord sends it flying with a giant "Gokaiger" bat; the spirit of the ball then speaks to the monster, but he falls to the SPD Megazord.
Update: Not adapted.
After a run-in with a monster and Red Lion aboard the Animarium, the Rangers meet the former Red Wild Force Ranger, who initially thinks poorly of them. Red Lion eventually lends help.
- The Sky Ship finds the Animarium.
- The Rangers fight Bluebots and Graybots in the woods. They then switch to [Turboranger] powers to counter the grunts' and monster's attacks.
- The Red Lion Wildzord arrives and swats everyone off the island. The Rangers switch to [Jetman] powers to glide down but contend with the monster on a Bluebot jetboard.
- In the city, Pink and Green join the others in defending civilians from grunts. They then switch to Wild Force powers (full SMF-to-Wild-Force morph) and soon finish the Bruisers with the Savage Sword. They revert to SMF Rangers and finish the monster with a gun finisher.
- In their giant battle, the monster uses a claw to block the Megazord's finisher. The Megazord repels the claw and giant Bruisers, and Red Lion (right) descends from the Animarium. The Zords combine and finish off the Bruisers and monster.
Oddity: See Wild Force Yellow note at Gokai #7.
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #4: "A Lion's Alliance" (minus a cameo).
Noah and Gia sneak into an armada ship to disable a super-weapon but end up roped into a poker match.
- The Mystic Force Megazord tears up a bunch of armada ships but leaves a green one untouched; inside is a card-themed monster. The ship then vanishes.
- Blue and Yellow spy the green ship hovering over a quarry. They switch to Overdrive powers and ascend with OO Zip Shooters.
- As all five Rangers dive out of the green ship, it explodes. The monster and grunts land nearby. The monster wants a canister Green holds, but a robot parrot flies off with it.
- The Rangers switch to their preferred weapons and begin the battle. Soon, the monster hurls cards at the Rangers (right). Per Yellow's idea, they use [JAKQ] powers and assemble a cannon which destroys the Bluebots. The Rangers revert and use a dual finisher on the monster.
- The Rangers use a dual finisher on the monster.
- During the giant battle downtown, the Megazord hurls the canister into space, where it explodes among armada ships. The Wild Force Megazord destroys the monster.
Update: Not adapted.
After a clue warns of samurai, Lauren attacks the Super Megaforce team, seeking to reclaim the Samurai powers. Noah agrees to a duel but is distracted by the discovery that Argus was once someone close to him.
- The Legendary Megazord (and then Mystic Force Megazord) destroys giant Bruisers downtown.
- A purple ship docks with the armada flagship. A powerful monster invites himself onto Vekar's bridge.
- Downtown, Gil, Borg, and the monster watch as the Rangers take out grunts. They switch to MMPR powers, but the Power Weapons fail to faze the monster (right). A switch to [Dynaman] powers for a combo attack fails as well, so they try attacking as Galaxy Rangers.
- Blue (as Galaxy Blue) attacks Vekar, but Argus fights him off; he reverts to SMF form, as do the others in their battle. Argus launches a glowing strike which startles (and then defeats) Blue.
- The monster finishes up with the other three and joins Argus and (injured) Vekar in being beamed up to ships above.
Oddity: MMPR Yellow now has a skirt to match MMPR Pink's, but MMPR Yellow was already female (but just skirtless) in MMPR. Likewise, Galaxy Yellow now has a skirt despite being female and skirtless in PRLG.
Update: This episode and the next were combined into SMF #5: "Samurai Surprise" (with Jayden cameo).
Noah fails to get through to Argus but, thinking on his friendship with Troy, returns to help the others defeat the monster. The Samurai Megazord debuts.
- By a warehouse, the monster (previous episode) waits with scores of grunts. The Sky Ship eventually approaches, and the four Rangers (sans Blue) get to work fighting grunts (changes listed below).
- Red uses three powers: [Dairanger], Overdrive (Drive Lance), and Ninja Storm (Hawk Blaster).
- Yellow uses [Maskman], Space (Star Slinger), and Dino (Ptera Grips).
- Green uses [Goranger], Zeo, and [Liveman].
- Pink uses [Denziman] (gauntlets), [Flashman] (prism boots), and Time Force (Time Strike).
- The four reunite (still as their last changes), but the monster blasts them.
- Later, the five SMF Rangers prepare for round two; Yellow leaves her sword with Blue, who fights beside Red. The Rangers boast as they fight and eventually switch to Samurai powers (full SMF-to-Samurai morph). Red uses the Fire Smasher, and Blue whips out a "Double" disc to duplicate his Spin Sword. The SMF Rangers revert and win with their sword finisher.
- The Wild Force Megazord charges through the giant monster's blasts, but it then stops in its tracks. The Lion recombines with the Megazord in a humanoid formation which sports Samurai symbols (the Samurai Megazord, right). Dozens of giant Bruisers fall quickly to the new Megazord, and its ludicrously huge sword finishes the monster.
Oddity: The Samurai morph seen here was mostly dissimilar to the PRS morph.
Update: This episode and prior were combined into SMF #5.
Emma helps a desperate kidnapper who unwittingly holds a toxic alien metal the armada wants.
- Pink launches an unsuccessful jump attack at a monster in an alley (right). She changes into [Goranger] Pink and throws a smoke-bomb earring. She then switches to Megaforce Pink and flies away. The monster casually activates his arm device.
- The five Rangers fight grunts. As they confront the monster, he asks Pink for something, but she shrugs, and the fight begins. Pink leads a switch to Galaxy powers; after finishing strikes, they revert and perform their gun finisher.
- In giant size, the SPD Megazord fires on the monster, and the Samurai Megazord finishes him off.
Update: Limited battle footage from this episode was used in SMF #3.
A traffic safety premonition leads the team to the former Red Turbo Ranger, with whom Levira has fallen in love and who is now targeted by a jealous monster.
- The Rangers battle a monster (let's call him "J") and grunts. They finish the grunts as MMPR (with Power Weapons). J tries to catch MMPR Red's sword swing but misses and is slashed twice; he retreats goofily.
- Aboard the flagship, J appears interested in Levira; he later catches her dancing privately on the ship's bridge.
- J performs a running fire attack on someone in the city, but Levira arrives to defend his victim. Enraged, J attacks further.
- The Rangers stand ready but find they're alone. Someone above gets their attention, but they don't seem enthused. They soon fight J below; he performs more fire attacks.
- The Rangers switch to [Turboranger] powers but realize they've made a mistake and then switch to Turbo powers. They fight briefly and perform racing attacks on various goofy vehicles (unicycle, skateboard, etc.), followed by Red's Turbo Lightning Sword slash.
- J is enlarged, and the SMF Rangers react with dismay.
- Giant J looks for Levira and eventually sees her below (right). She is touched when he expresses his love. The Rangers and villains stare blankly. After Levira blows him a kiss, J excitedly smashes near the Rangers.
- The Megazord delivers a cannon attack followed by a maneuver resembling the Turbo Megazord Spinout. The Samurai Megazord delivers a finishing blow and then swats J into space, where he crashes into the flagship.
- Charred, J stumbles onto the bridge, but Levira snubs him.
Oddity: The Turbo morph seen here (if you can call it a morph sequence) was dissimilar to the PRT morph (and goofy to boot); it was omitted in SMF.
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #11: "Love is in the Air" (but with Levira in love with Jake, thanks to a love potion).
One of Troy's former associates, Basco, returns with Ranger Keys of his own; his horn creates sixth-Ranger drones who capture Troy's teammates.
- A red warship flies in space, its flag bearing a skull with a "B" insignia blowing a horn. (This design will be seen on the back of Basco's monster form in later episodes.)
- In the city, three giant Bruisers fire on people below. The Megazord soon defeats the Bruisers (Mystic Dragon and SPD Megazord appear).
- The Sky Ship, anchored over an industrial rocky terrain (a moon or other body?), is hit with explosions.
- The red warship hovers in the sky.
- Assorted sixth-Rangers (Omega Ranger, Ninja Storm Green, Quantum Ranger, MMPR Green, and Zeo Gold) confront someone in the quarry. The five SMF Rangers batle the drones at length (Red vs. Quantum, Blue vs. MMPR Green, Yellow vs. Gold, Green vs. Ninja Storm Green, Pink vs. Omega) and eventually triumph with dual finishers. The drones drop to the ground as Ranger Keys.
- The Rangers are ambushed (right) and beaten mercilessly by ten more drones (Samurai Gold and Solaris Knight vs. Red, Mercury Ranger and Dino White vs. Pink, RPM Silver and Gold vs. Yellow, Lunar Wolf and Space Silver vs. Green, and MMPR White and Robo Knight vs. Blue).
- The red warship departs.
Update: Not adapted. Basco doesn't appear in SMF, and the sixth-Ranger keys had no particular explanation.
Troy is ordered to surrender his Ranger Keys in exchange for his teammates, but he saves the day anyway. The team now has 15 new keys!
- The red warship hovers in the sky.
- The Sky Ship hovers beside the warship over the quarry.
- The final ten Ranger drones from last episode reappear in the quarry (right). The five SMF Rangers battle them at length.
- The robot parrot quickly collects scattered Ranger Keys into a chest and flies off with it.
- The drones begin to fall to the Rangers' attacks, with the last five done in by the SMF Rangers' dual finisher. All are reduced to keys.
- A rubbery giant monster looms above and blasts the Rangers. They form the Megazord and struggle before switching to Samurai Megazord mode. Success.
- The Sky Ship flies over the city at sunset.
Update: Not adapted.
The latest clue leads the Rangers to a "somewhat spectacular silver person;" an exuberant Ranger fan who fits the bill reveals himself as the Silver Ranger!
- Fighting numerous giant Bruisers, the Rangers make use of the Mystic Force Megazord and Delta Runner; they end with a Megaforce animal head finisher.
- The SMF Rangers battle grunts and a monster with an electronic collar; they destroy the grunts and a bomb the villains were carrying.
- To fight the monster, the Rangers change into sixth-Rangers: Red as Quantum, Blue as Solaris Knight, Yellow as Space Silver, Green as MMPR Green, and Pink as Dino White. All use their respective weapons, but the monster's forcefield power proves formidable until the Dragon Dagger accidentally falls against the back of his collar. He retreats.
- The Sky Ship pulls up its anchors and departs.
- Standing on the Legendary Megazord's hand, Yellow and Green speak with a megaphone to some office workers on a roof (they lost a ball they were playing with on break). Someone beside the Megazord's foot calls up to them; they express their thanks, and the Megazord sets out.
- The SMF Rangers confront the monster and grunts again; the monster now has a more prominent neck brace. A new Silver Ranger poses (right), surprising the others. Silver trounces the grunts using an anchor weapon with blaster and trident modes. The others discuss the situation as Silver struggles with the monster's forcefield. The others spring into action and nearly strike his neck brace, but Silver stops them and pries it off just before it explodes in mid-air.
- Silver destroys the monster with a spear-throw finisher. He rejoices.
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #7: "Silver Lining, part 1."
Orion recounts receiving his powers from MMPR Green, Quantum, and Dino White. His reckless rescue of civilians earns him a spot on the team, and the keys of the aforementioned trio unlock the Q-Rex.
- The six Rangers confront a monster and grunts at the quarry. They fight, with Silver lending a hand to each of the others.
- Silver gets an idea, and the others produce the Samurai keys. Silver is left without, so Red hands him one. They change into Samurai Rangers, but Silver becomes Zeo Gold. He explains the mistake and then switches to Samurai Gold. The six perform a blade attack.
- Per Yellow's idea, the Rangers then switch to all-Silver (right): Pink becomes RPM Silver, Green becomes Lunar Wolf, Red becomes Mercury, Blue becomes Robo Knight, and Yellow becomes Space Silver (SMF Silver remains himself). All six perform weapon attacks, and SMF Silver ends with a gun finisher.
- The monster grows (along with six Bruisers). Red gives Silver the MMPR Green, Quantum, and Dino White keys; he uses Quantum in his Morpher, and the so-called "Q-Rex" travels back in time from the future city protected by Time Force. (Note: future Q-Rex summonings will omit the Time Force cityscape, instead showing just a nondescript time tunnel.)
- As the five Rangers watch from below, the Q-Rex triumphs after using its drill in ship, T-rex, and robot modes. Notably, its finisher combines drill attacks from all three modes (briefly seen side-by-side!).
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #8: "Silver Lining, part 2" (minus the all-Silver change).
Jake is jealous of everyone's admiration of Orion. When the others succumb to a willpower-stealing monster, Jake encourages Orion to combine his sixth-Ranger keys for a new power-up.
- On a rooftop with grunts, a green skeletal monster goes on some sort of fishing mission. Green and Silver soon grapple up (Green clumsily). Distracted by Silver, Green is tossed over the ledge, but Silver aids him below.
- Once the others arrive, all but Silver change to RPM and dash forward. Unable to decide between his RPM Silver and Gold keys, Silver pleads with said duo in a dream, and they merge to produce a single combined key. Silver morphs into RPM Silver/Gold and tears up the grunts.
- The monster uses his fishing power on all but Green and Silver/Gold. He then escapes.
- Later, SMF Silver attacks the monster; Green arrives and urges Silver to do something while keeping the monster busy. Silver summons all fifteen sixth-Ranger keys and dreams of speaking to the group. As Green uses [Bioman] and [Flashman] powers (including prism gauntlets), the sixth-Rangers merge into an anchor key bearing all of their faces. Silver then uses it to switch to an armored Gold Mode (his vest likewise bearing all of the sixth-Rangers' faces). He makes short work of the monster using his staff as a harpoon (right). Fist-bump.
- When the monster grows, the other Rangers bring the Sky Ship; Green joins for the Megazord, while Silver pilots the Q-Rex. Victory.
Update: This episode was adapted as SMF #9: "Power of Six."
The Rangers follow a clue to the Galaxy Rangers'... um... forest and meet the Corbett brothers; Mike tests Orion. Basco reveals four more Ranger Keys; the Rangers obtain Magna Defender's.
- The five SMF Rangers battle Mystic White, SPD Shadow, and Wolf Warrior (Green is holding a... donut box?). Red soon leaves the fight; the others are blasted into a river.
- Red briefly fights Monkey alone.
- Red battles the Magna Defender until an explosion engulfs him: the other three evil Rangers are here. Soon, all six SMF Rangers battle the foursome, the main five becoming Galaxy Rangers (full SMF-to-Galaxy morph) (right). Magna Defender falls to Silver's Gold Mode and the others to the SMF Rangers' gun finisher, but Monkey makes off with the latter three keys.
- The Rangers use the Q-Rex and Samurai Megazord to deal with a giant monster.
Oddity: The Galaxy morph seen here is dissimilar to the PRLG morph, but there's probably little reason to reshoot it.
Update: Not adapted. The helper hero keys don't appear in SMF.
The former Red Overdrive Ranger enlists Troy and Gia's help to seek an artifact, but they're too late: Moltor has been revived.
- Green, Blue, Pink, and Yellow fight grunts in the woods. They switch to Alien powers (but Silver is annoyed to see he alone has switched to Ninja Storm powers).
- In some sort of underworld chamber, a Lava Lizard uses an amulet shaped like a heart to revive Moltor (the amulet resides in his chest, his body partially burned).
- Levira confronts the four Rangers but ducks just as Moltor's blast flies through. He blasts all (the four SMF Rangers back to normal); Levira retreats.
- The six Rangers confront Moltor; the main five perform a finisher, but he survives. They switch to Overdrive powers (full SMF-to-Overdrive morph), and Red (right) manages to rip the amulet from his chest. Silver finishes him off in Gold Mode, but he grows.
- The SPD Megazord and Q-Rex attack, and the Mystic Dragon follows, but Moltor remains strong. The Legendary Megazord then summons the spirit of the DriveMax Megazord and claims its sword, which it uses to slay Moltor.
Update: Not adapted.
Noah and Orion cross paths with a boy on a personal mission. They also save the Earth from an asteroid.
- Blue and Silver fight grunts and a monster at a train yard. Silver switches to MMPR Green but is upset when Blue switches to Dino Blue (rather than MMPR Blue?). During the fight, the monster panics upon dropping a stone; he grabs it and retreats.
- In the mountains with grunts, the monster places the stone atop a small shrine and begins drawing power from it. The Bruisers give the X-Borgs an assignment.
- Soon, as the monster finishes, the Bruisers fall. The monster hurls an energy ball into space, where it attracts a large asteroid. He then blasts the six Rangers.
- The Rangers switch to Megaforce and use elemental powers; they then attack as [Dairangers] (including what we'd call MMPR White) and finish with a Zeo Ranger attack.
- The monster is enlarged. The Megazord speaks to someone below; the Lion and Q-Rex then arrive. The monster (right) falls to the Samurai Megazord, but the asteroid is still coming. The cannons fail, so the Megazord hurls the Q-Rex into space; its drill shatters the asteroid.
Update: Battle footage from this episode was used in SMF #10: "The Perfect Storm."
Following a clue about helping people, Emma and Gia meet the former Pink Lightspeed Ranger. Gia realizes she may be overprotective of Emma.
- Pink and Yellow fight grunts at a waterfront; Yellow's arm is hurt as she defends Pink. They switch to [Fiveman] powers and use ribbon (yellow) and sword (pink) attacks; they then finish with Mystic Ranger attacks.
- Jarrod, Camille, and Sentinel Knight attack Pink and Yellow. Weapon-swapping ensues, but the girls are beaten with a triple blast.
- All six Rangers fight grunts and the three earlier foes. The main five switch to Lightspeed powers (full SMF-to-Lightspeed morph) (right) and use the V-Lancers against Jarrod and Camille; the guys then throw Pink and Yellow at the foes.
- Having been fighting Sentinel Knight, Silver arrives as the SMF Rangers revert; Yellow elbows him. Gold Mode combined with the others' finishers reverts the trio to keys, but Monkey reclaims them.
- A giant fire monster appears above. The Mystic Force Megazord's fire attack only makes him stronger; as Q-Rex uses a shield manuever, the Legendary Megazord sprouts water hoses to douse the monster and follows with a Lightspeed-emblem fire slash. The Q-Rex provides the final strike.
Oddity: In her footage, Camille's breastplate features a chameleon design whose eyes rather resemble exposed breasts (Jungle Fury omitted Camille's sentai footage and instead used a modified version of this costume). Could this footage be salvaged with special effects (at minimum airbrushing out the nipple-like jewels)?
Oddity: The Lightspeed morph seen here is dissimilar to the PRLR morph, but it would probably be passable if the cape-swooshing were omitted.
Update: Not adapted. Camille is absent from SMF.
The monster from episode 14 ("J") seeks legitimate work but must first soften the heart of a food vendor's prejudiced mother.
- A propaganda monster ("PM") gets to work propagandizing downtown.
- In a park, the monster from ep 14 ("J") eagerly catches a boomerang and frisbee thrown by someone, but PM and grunts find him (right). PM scolds J and hits him with a multi-kanji blast. PM and the grunts charge.
- The six Rangers battle the grunts at an outdoor stage, finishing as Space Rangers. They switch to Ninja Storm, but PM is gone.
- The six Rangers defend J and others from PM and grunts at a construction yard. J worries while hiding in a concrete tube. PM prepares to blast someone with a bazooka, but J takes the blast instead. He's down, but he then sits up as the Rangers stand over him.
- PM attacks again; the Rangers switch to Time Force and perform slash attacks. Gold Mode and the others' finisher destroys PM, but he's enlarged. The Q-Rex and Samurai Megazord win.
Oddity: Time Force Yellow now has a skirt to match Time Force Pink's, but Time Force Yellow was already female (but just skirtless) in PRTF.
Update: Not adapted.
The sons of Vexacus and Shimazu capture Troy, Gia, and Noah. The former Wind Rangers observe.
- Vexacus and Shimazu introduce themselves to Vekar.
- The Red, Yellow, and Blue Rangers battle Shimazu; Vexacus then attacks as well (right). The trio uses [Liveman] (full SMF-to-Liveman morph) and Dino Ranger powers to no avail. The villains leave once the other three Rangers arrive.
- In a building somewhere, Vexacus and Shimazu discuss their plot, which involves a missile and large chestnuts. The six Rangers later arrive and rescue the chestnuts.
- Outside, Shimazu opens a portal, but Red, Yellow, and Blue push the others aside so only they are captured. Shimazu departs, leaving a battalion of Kelzaks. Vexacus grows; the Q-Rex is in trouble until the Ninjazord arrives. Vexacus dies.
Oddity: During his initial battle, Yellow kicks Shimazu in the crotch after he accidentally grabs her breasts; this could be omitted easily.
Update: Not adapted; Ninjazord debuts later.
The Megaforce Rangers return the Wind Rangers' powers, allowing them to rescue the others. The Legendary Ninja Megazord debuts.
- Downtown, the three Wind Rangers (original genders) open a portal in the sky and leap in.
- SMF Green, Pink, and Silver battle Argus, Levira, and grunts. They switch to SPD powers but ultimately demorph.
- The Wind Rangers catch sight of someone in the quarry; ducking down, each summons an oversized ear to the side of his/her helmet to listen in. They later attack Shimazu, who's dressed as a Japanese game show host holding a sack of chestnuts hostage.
- Shimazu joins the villains downtown. The six SMF Rangers fight alongside the Wind Rangers (right). Shimazu falls to a teamup finisher, and the chestnuts escape from the sack nearby.
- Shimazu is enlarged; the SMF Rangers make use of the Legendary Megazord and Q-Rex. The Ninjazord then combines with the Legendary Megazord to form the Legendary Ninja Megazord. Shimazu dies.
Oddity: Presumably the Wind Rangers wouldn't sprout large ears to eavesdrop on anyone in PR.
Update: Not adapted.
Despite a body-swapping incident, Gia and Jake help thwart the villains' attack on a peace conference.
- Green and Yellow fight a monster and grunts. The others arrive, deterring an attack on a person of import. The five Rangers switch to [Flashman] powers and use their prism weapons.
- Green and Yellow block the monster's retreat, but he switches their bodies (comically, they take a minute to realize they're no longer holding their favorite weapons).
- Later, the six Rangers (Yellow and Green still swapped) fight the monster and grunts. Green and Yellow extensively fight the monster with their trademark styles reversed. Their combined finisher (right) destroys him, and the reversal is undone.
- A Q-Rex and Legendary Ninja Megazord battle follows.
Oddity: While in Yellow's body, Green is briefly seen hiking up his skirt (and later lowering it) for some reason during the battle.
Update: This episode will be combined with Gokaiger #32 in SMF #13: "The Grass is Always Greener or Bluer" (but with Jake swapping bodies with Noah instead). The so-called "Ninjazord" debuts here.
The spirit of a dead former Ranger encourages Troy as he faces a fearsome bounty hunter.
- The Q-Rex and Legendary SPD/Lion/Ninja Megazord destroy giant Bruisers downtown.
- An armored bounty hunter confronts someone. The six SMF Rangers (now morphed) shoot at him, but he catches their pellets with one hand while shielding a scar on his chest with the other. Red is nervous.
- The bounty hunter pummels the Rangers. While Silver is down, the others try [Bioman] and [Maskman] group attacks to no avail.
- Still in [Maskman] form, Red tries to punch his foe in his chest wound, but he blocks and kicks Red back in SMF form. He then leaves in disgust; Red is furious.
- Someone fights the bounty hunter and X-Borgs alone as [Jetman] Black (right). Soon, the six Rangers fight instead. The main five change to [Jetman] powers (full SMF-to-Jetman morph) and ultimately destroy the bounty hunter with a group firebird attack. Silver is thrilled.
Update: Not adapted.
As Dino Blue and his wife observe, Emma creatively thwarts a love-stealing monster. Emma receives a Dino Pink key but is disappointed in the results.
- As the six Rangers confront a monster, he turns a dial on his chest and spontaneously grows to giant size. The Legendary Megazord and Q-Rex arrive, but the monster dodges a Mystic Dragon attack and shrinks down. He infiltrates the Q-Rex for a while before switching to the Megazord.
- The Rangers briefly chase the monster out of the Megazord with guns blazing, but he re-enters through another door. He's finally ejected for good (damaging the Megazord a bit?). Someone watches from a rooftop downtown.
- The monster flies over the city, looking for something.
- Facing the monster again, the six Rangers brandish the Dino Keys; Pink has a Dino Pink key (which, on closer inspection, seems to be very crudely made). They morph (full SMF-to-Dino morph, Pink's presumably to be replaced or omitted in PR). The monster laughs at the results.
- The five Dino Rangers (Pink not seen) attack with weapons (right); Red uses Super Dino Mode. The six SMF Rangers then perform their customary finishers.
- To fight the giant monster, the Rangers merge the Q-Rex and Megazord to form the Legendary Q-Rex Megazord. Victory ensues.
Oddity: The Dino morph seen here is partly dissimilar to the PRDT morph (specifically regarding the visor-roaring), but it's probably passable anyway (Pink aside).
Update: This episode will be adapted as SMF #12: "United as One" (minus Dino Pink).
Emma and Noah encounter a former Yellow Ranger mentioned in a clue; he sadly determines there's no way to reverse Argus's transformation, but Noah defeats the scientist responsible before he can make more Arguses from Earthlings.
- Pink and Blue briefly use [Denziman] powers against a scientist monster in a boxing ring. The monster drops a device.
- The Rangers (minus Blue) fight mixed grunts as the monster watches and taunts them. Blue then joins in, and the main five switch to [Liveman] powers (full SMF-to-Liveman morph) (right) as Gold finishes the Bruisers.
- The SMF Rangers revert. Blue soberly advances on the weakened monster and strikes him down with Argus's trademark slash (see ep 11).
- The Rangers summon the [Liveman] combo Megazord to dispatch giant Bruisers, and the Drill Zord and Legendary Ninja Megazord then slay the monster.
Update: Not adapted.
As the former Zeo Red tries to recover Ranger powers Basco has stolen, Zeo Pink prepares to give the Zeo ultimate power to the Megaforce team. The team instead confronts Basco but are soundly beaten when he reveals his true form.
- The six Rangers struggle against drones of Blue Senturion, SPD Shadow, SPD Cat, Wolf Warrior, Sentinel Knight, female Samurai Red, Mystic White, Jarrod, and Camille.
- Silver briefly uses RPM Gold/Silver powers. Then in Gold Mode, he fights with assorted sixth-Ranger visions appearing alongside him. Though he defeats Wolf Warrior and Sentinel Knight, they immediately grow, necessitating the Q-Rex. The fight doesn't go well, and the Q-Rex falls on a warehouse near the others.
- The five SMF Rangers whip out the Zeo keys and comment on gleams they see therein. They morph (full SMF-to-Zeo morph) (right) and defeat the remaining drones with assorted Zeo attacks (including the Zeo Cannon) and a SMF finisher. Having defeated his giant foes, Silver blasts Monkey and claims all of the drones' Ranger Keys.
- Basco reveals his true monstrous form to the Rangers. Monkey is startled. After a bit of talk, Basco utterly stomps the Rangers.
Oddity: See note at episode 23 regarding Camille.
Update: Not adapted.
As the Rangers nurse their wounds from the previous battle, Jake devises a new weapon.
- In the mountains, lone Green tests a new double-key finisher in his gun (using his own key and another). He's attacked by grunts and a shield monster; he appears reluctant to use his gun, but the other four arrive (Silver is absent from this episode).
- The team's sword finisher fails against the monster, as does the [JAKQ] cannon and a [Dynaman] group attack. Green reverts to SMF form and attempts his double-key finisher, but it fails as well (and his gun is ruined in the process). The team switches to Aquitian powers to make a ninja-style retreat.
- Later, the monster and Bruisers fire on the hovering galleon. The four SMF Rangers leap down and fight bare-handed in Jungle Fury and [Changeman] forms (Red also tries a punch as [Maskman] Red). The monster's shield holds, and the Rangers are soon blasted back into their SMF forms.
- Green arrives with the new Super Mega Cannon (right); the five-man cannon breaks the monster's shield and destroys him, and the Rangers tease each other.
- The monster grows. As the Legendary Ninja Megazord struggles, the Q-Rex arrives (its right arm seems inoperative). The monster falls.
This episode will be combined with Gokaiger #27 in SMF #13.
When Orion temporarily loses his Morpher, a former Red Ranger helps him remember his passion for helping people.
- Green, Yellow, and Silver battle a ravenous monster until the others arrive. They attack with Wild Force powers, but the monster hits his own stomach and spews a barrage of produce. Silver's Morpher lands nearby and gets ingested when the monster sucks everything back up.
- The monster raids an eggplant farm and vanishes when the five Rangers arrive.
- Elsewhere, the five Rangers attack Bruisers and the monster with Jungle Fury powers; they attack the monster's stomach, making him vomit food and the Morpher.
- Silver joins the other SMF Rangers, and all change to [Dairanger] powers (this includes what PR used as MMPR White; right). The Super Mega Cannon and Silver's Gold Mode end the battle.
- The Megazords struggle against the giant monster and Bruisers, but the Legendary Megazord then shoots a fireball which launches the Q-Rex and itself (!) to finish off the Bruisers. The Legendary Ninja Megazord forms, and the monster dies after swallowing a bunch of Ninjazord copies (!).
Update: Not adapted.
While a shapeshifting monster is on the loose, Gia is reacquainted with a figure from her past.
- At night, a monster leaps down from the Sky Ship, and the ship then explodes. Later, it's revealed that the Ninjazord actually hid the real Sky Ship behind a large cloth which only displayed the illusion of an explosion.
- The six Rangers battle the monster and grunts. By touching foreheads, the monster shapeshifts into Yellow (right), but she defeats him with her sword-on-a-string technique.
- The monster shapeshifts into Silver, but he's left in SMF form when all the rest switch to Space powers. The Super Mega Cannon finishes him off.
- The giant monster causes mischief by pretending to be a building, but the Megazord and Q-Rex eventually strike him. The Q-Rex and Legendary Ninja finishers destroy him.
Update: Not adapted.
The Rangers reluctantly fight Venjix forces in another dimension, but they're prevented from returning.
- At sunset, a giant sheriff robot (apparently affiliated with Venjix) is firing on Old West terrain when the red, yellow, and blue RPM Zords descend from a portal to stop him. A rift in the sky opens during the battle; the Zords are then lassoed and shrunk.
- The Sky Ship travels through a similar rift over the city. A robot (below) watches.
- The five Rangers fight Grinders at an Old West town. They finish off their foes with [Battle Fever] and [Changeman] finishers.
- The six Rangers fight Grinders and the monster (now small, right). The monster fires missiles, but the Rangers return fire as SPD Rangers and end with Gold Mode and the Super Mega Cannon.
- Against the giant monster, the Legendary Megazord opens its compartments, but nothing emerges. Nonetheless, the Legendary Ninja Megazord and Q-Rex finish off the monster.
- Downtown, Professor Cog (the robotic villain from the Samurai/RPM teamup) closes a rift in the sky, and stormclouds gather. Elsewhere, Cog then addresses someone as an image in the sky.
- The Turbo Falcon Zord races through a futuristic landscape and smashes through barricades.
Update: This episode and the next will be merged as SMF #14: "In the Driver's Seat" (with a visit to Corinth!).
The Rangers tame the Turbo Falcon Zord and return to defeat Cog.
- The Sky Ship emerges from a portal into the futuristic world (see previous ep). It pursues the Turbo Falcon Zord, but the Zord fires on it. The other Rangers' Zords deploy, but Pink and Yellow are disabled. Turbo Falcon fights the others in and out of hovercar mode.
- On Earth, Vekar and his forces confront Cog. They begin to battle.
- The Red, Blue, and Green Zords combine into a legless Megazord and dock onto the Turbo Falcon Zord. The Rangers successfully tame the Zord.
- The Turbo Falcon breaks open a rift in the sky; the Sky Ship passes through, and the Rangers interrupt the villains' battle. Vekar slips away with his generals.
- The Rangers fight Cog, Grinders, and X-Borgs. All six Rangers switch to RPM powers (full SMF-to-RPM morph) and finish the battle. Cog grows.
- During the Zord battle, the Rangers summon a smallish Turbo Falcon Zord; when the Megazord inserts engine cell #13, it grows to Zord size (right). The Legendary RPM Megazord wins.
- At a park, the Turbo Falcon Zord flies away through a portal.
Oddity: The RPM morph seen here is dissimilar to the standard RPM morph, but there's probably little reason to reshoot it.
Update: This episode and prior will be merged as SMF #14.
As Troy ponders what it means to truly defend a world, Vekar attacks in his own Zord.
- The Q-Rex and Legendary RPM Megazord defeat giant Bruisers.
- A Zord for Vekar stands ready in the flagship's holding bay. Vekar insists on piloting it, recalling words the emperor once spoke to Damaras as Vekar overheard.
- Grunts fire on the Sky Ship from below. Argus is there too. The six Rangers confront them; Blue, using Pink's sword as well as his own, battles Argus alone.
- The remaining five use the Super Mega Cannon to wipe out grunts, but two red Bruisers quickly attack. The Rangers switch to helper hero powers (Pink as SPD Cat, Green as Blue Senturion, Red as the Wolf Warrior, Silver as Magna Defender, and Yellow as Sentinel Knight). The red Bruisers eventually retreat.
- Vekar confronts the Rangers and gets into his Zord downtown. The Turbo Falcon Zord is banished into a red portal, and the Legendary Q-Rex Megazord fares poorly (right). All but red are ejected. The Megazord is blasted away and reverts to Sky Ship form, crashing some distance away.
Update: This episode and the next will be merged as SMF #15: "All Hail Prince Vekar." The Wolf Warrior change remains intact (but not the other Helper Hero changes).
Noah defeats Argus. Troy learns the value of teamwork. Vekar dies to a new Megazord formation.
- Alone, Blue struggles against Argus. He eventually marches toward Argus, unfazed by his attacks. (The fight's conclusion isn't usable, but this will be the end of Argus.)
- The Sky Ship fires on grunts in the quarry.
- The six Rangers pound grunts. The two red Bruisers fall to the Super Mega Cannon and Gold Mode.
- The Rangers try various Zord attacks against Vekar's Zord. They defeat him by forming the Ultimate Legendary Megazord ("ULM," right).
- At night, Damaras pulls Vekar's charred corpse from the wreckage of his Zord.
Update: This episode and prior will be merged as SMF #15.
The Rangers meet the former Space Red, who requests they attend his high school. Basco threatens to blow up the school, but the Rangers stop him.
- Silver fights monkey, even fighting as Solaris Knight, but Basco's monster form quickly beats him and uses his horn on someone. Silver protects the person as Robo Knight. The other Rangers arrive.
- In flashback, we see the five SMF Rangers change to Time Force and use the Vortex Blaster to freeze-shrink a stack of detonators outside a building. In the present, Green shows off the resulting containment pod.
- Silver joins the others; all switch to Space powers (full SMF-to-Space morph, right). They defeat Monkey using Galaxy Gliders and assorted Space weaponry.
- Basco retreats, but not before unleashing giant earth and plant monsters. The ULM wins.
Oddity: As in PRIS, part of the sentai Space morph should arguably be obscured ("Megaranger Ready" to "Morphing Complete").
Update: Not adapted.
The former (future?) Time Force Yellow sends the SMF Rangers back one year to defend a temple (containing Ninjor's jar?); only later does Time Force Yellow realize his/her child was saved as well.
- The Q-Rex flies beside the Sky Ship. Soon, it departs through a time warp and arrives over a similar-looking city.
- While searching the quarry, the five SMF Rangers spot a teamup in progress: the six Megaforce Rangers and six Samurai Rangers battle their respective grunts (Moogers and Loogies).
- The SMF Rangers leap down and battle Octoroo, Moogers, and Spitfangs. They perform an all-Red change (Yellow to Jungle Fury Red, Blue to Overdrive Red, Red to RPM Red, Green to SPD Red, and Pink to Mystic Force Red. Octoroo is sent flying (if not destroyed outright).
- Silver battles a robot resembling one from Megaforce (season 1). He uses Samurai Gold and Zeo Gold powers; the others then arrive, and all switch to Time Force (full SMF-to-Time-Force morph) (right). All but Silver/Quantum dodge the robot's blasts (similar to PRTF #2). Time Force weapons are featured. The Super Mega Cannon and Gold Mode finish the fight.
- From above, Metal Alice (see Goseiger to Megaforce) revives the robot with eye-bats. Silver wins in the Q-Rex, and Metal Alice departs.
- The Q-Rex returns to the 31st century and lands.
Oddity: The SMF Rangers are seen fighting Nighlok forces and a Megaforce robot (one of Metal Alice's).
Oddity: The Time Force morph seen here is mostly dissimilar to the PRTF morph (though it was seen in the PRTF intro!); there's probably little reason to reshoot it.
Update: Not adapted.
The emperor arrives; Emma seeks to destroy the general who destroyed her homeland.
- Purple warships join the fleet in space. The emperor arrives with two generals; Damaras is attacked and dragged away despite Levira's pleas.
- The purple warships attack the Earth.
- Pink attacks a monster (one of the emperor's generals); Blue and Silver try to help, but she repeatedly shrugs them off. All three are blasted back and demorph (the monster manifests powerful effects from an eye in its chest). The monster beams back up to a warship; it's now sunset.
- The next day, the six Rangers attack the monster but fare poorly. Having been holding back, Pink finally strikes from above, stabbing the monster in his chest-eye; she then performs her gun finisher pointblank into his injury (right).
- Pink pairs with Silver as RPM Silver and Gold, then with Green as Thunder Rangers, with Yellow as Megaforce Pink and Yellow, with Blue as SPD Cat and Shadow, and finally with Red as male and female Samurai Reds. The Super Mega Cannon finishes the monster.
- The monster falls to the ULM.
- Damaras stews in a prison cell.
Update: Damaras footage used in SMF #18 (below).
The team learns Jake was a legendary hero; he's then the only Ranger left when the team loses to Damaras and Basco.
- As the Q-Rex battles giant red Bruisers, the others struggle against gray and red Bruisers. Green is his usual clumsy self (if not clumsier than usual).
- Levira implores the emperor for something. Damaras is then freed from his cell (or rather, he frees himself upon getting permission).
- The five Rangers switch to Jungle Fury powers (Red, Blue, and Yellow, with Green as Dai Shi and Pink as Camille), followed by [Flashman]. A ball attack and the Super Mega Cannon end the fight. The Q-Rex wins above.
- Damaras is unhappy with Basco and roughs him up a bit.
- Damaras stalks someone until the six Rangers show up; he mops the floor with them (right), and Basco blocks their retreat. Red and Green demorph to Damaras's attacks, and the others lose to Basco and Monkey.
Oddity: Camille again.
Update: Damaras footage used in SMF #18 (below), minus Basco.
Jake's heroic backstory is a lie, but he saves Troy. Damaras falls, in part thanks to Basco's betrayal.
- Flashback: The four SMF Rangers (minus Pink) face grunts; Yellow gives Green some encouragement, and he then improvises a double-gun attack.
- Green fights grunts; he uses Galaxy and Mystic powers. His attention is drawn to someone above (Damaras and a captive?). Damaras hops down and swats him.
- Basco literally stabs Damaras in the back. He speaks a while until Damaras repels him with an energy blast. Basco casually departs, and the six Rangers pose in front of big explosions.
- After making short work of X-Borgs, the Rangers finish two Redbots as all-Green (Silver as Super-Samurai Ninja Storm Green, Pink as [Flashman] Green, Green as [Goranger] Green, Red as [Denziman] Green, Blue as Samurai Green, and Yellow as [Dairanger] Green).
- Damaras blasts away four of the Rangers, but Red and Green soften him up. The Super Mega Cannon destroys him (though two shots are needed).
- Giant Damaras overpowers the Legendary Megazord and Q-Rex, but the Mystic Dragon, Delta Runner, Red Lion, Ninjazord, and Turbo Falcon Zord help out. A ULM finisher, in conjunction with the other Zords' attacks, destroys Damaras.
Update: This episode will be adapted as SMF #18: "Emperor Mavro."
Gia saves Christmas after Orion is turned into a doll.
- General Fishface (the emperor's other general) and a monster arrive on Earth in the middle of Christmas preparations. The monster starts turning people into dolls with his wand.
- Red, Blue, Green, and Pink arrive and start fighting Fishface, the monster, and red Bruisers.
- Yellow joins them, but the SMF Rangers fare badly. The monster accidentally turns the red Bruisers into dolls but transforms them back with his wand.
- The SMF Rangers use Aquitian powers. General Fishface swats them away with a giant hammer and leaves.
- In a second battle, Yellow is turned into a doll, but a second (novice?) Yellow attacks and steals the monster's wand.
- The six Rangers fight the foes again and use an all-Yellow change to defeat the Redbots (Silver uses [Dairanger], Pink Megaforce, Green Ninja Storm, Yellow Overdrive, Blue male MMPR, and Red male Wild Force).
- Fishface attacks, and the SMF Rangers switch to [Battle Fever]. Lacking a key for the change, Silver borrows the Red and Green SMF keys and fuses them (compare with episode 19) to become a Christmas-themed Red/Green Ranger. The monster is destroyed, but Fishface escapes.
- The Ninjazord and the Turbo Falcon Zord destroy giant red Bruisers, and the monster falls to a ULM finisher helped by the other Zords.
- At a nighttime Christmas party, Mystic White is briefly seen; she uses her magic to bring snow.
Oddity: Why would Emma (Megaforce Pink) change into Megaforce Yellow? (This would presumably be reshot.)
Update: Not adapted.
The Rangers free Ninjor and recap the season's events for him (clip show).
Update: Not adapted.
Jake and Orion are turned into jerks; Emma's trust in them rekindles Ninjor's trust in humans.
- A monster shoots secret darts at people downtown.
- Wearing a headband, Ninjor watches the SMF Rangers (initially just Green, Pink and Silver) fight the monster and Bruisers. The monster shoots Green and Silver before retreating. Ninjor congratulates the team.
- In a cave, the monster and grunts bow before a crystal ball.
- Green and Silver begin fighting each other; Pink and Ninjor try to restrain them.
- Red, Blue, and Yellow raid the cave, but the monster gulps down the crystal ball (!).
- Ninjor becomes angry with Green and Silver, but Pink talks him out of attacking. Green and Silver attack her; Ninjor watches.
- Red, Blue, and Yellow use [SunVulcan] powers against the monster and X-Borgs.
- The six SMF Rangers and Ninjor pose. Silver fights Bruisers while the rest use Aquitian powers (full SMF-to-Aquitian morph). Ninja tricks abound. Gold Mode and the Super Mega Cannon end the battle; the crystal ball is destroyed.
- The Legendary Megazord and Q-Rex struggle against the monster; SPD Megazord does no better. The Aquitian keys cause Ninjor to grow, and he joins in the battle. The ULM triumphs.
Update: Not adapted.
The Rangers help Basco's abused Monkey, but it's all part of Basco's plan to claim the Sky Ship and Ranger Keys.
- The Sky Ship is fired on from below.
- The Legendary Megazord and Q-Rex take on two of Basco's monsters (one gold-based and the other sun-based). Eventually, the ULM triumphs.
- The Rangers witness something shocking from the ULM cockpit: Basco shoots and abandons Monkey on a rooftop (footage usable?).
- The SMF Rangers, minus Red, struggle against Basco's monster form using [Dairanger] (Silver as MMPR White), Ninja Storm, and Lost Galaxy (Silver as Magna Defender); even a Lights of Orion attack fails! Basco takes them down with a dash attack.
Update: Not adapted.
After the other Rangers storm the captured Sky Ship, injured Troy endures a final battle with Basco.
- Hiding in the Sky Ship's solo cockpit, the robot parrot speaks to someone from afar. He/she also hides from Red (or a drone thereof) but is eventually spotted.
- The other five SMF Rangers land in the quarry; Basco and the Red drone follow. The drone falls to an all-red change (Blue as [Denziman] Red, Yellow as Galaxy Red, Green as SPD Red, Pink as Mystic Force Red and Silver as Megaforce Red).
- The five SMF Rangers fire the Super Mega Cannon, but Basco reflects the blast.
- Red (non-drone) emerges from an explosion and battles Basco at length. Red struggles against Basco's dash attack, but he ultimately stabs his own foot together with Basco's, holding him in place as they finish each other off (resolution unseen).
Oddity: Why would Orion (Megaforce Silver) change into Megaforce Red? (This would presumably be reshot.)
Update: Footage from this episode will be incorporated into SMF #19.
The SMF Rangers find the treasure they sought but are faced with a terrible choice. The emperor prepares for a full-scale invasion of Earth.
- Levira fires upon the Sky Ship from her own Zord. The Legendary Megazord battles her alongside the Q-Rex; things deteroriate when Bruisers join in. The Legendary Ninja Megazord isn't enough, but [Changeman] and [Maskman] powers produce Megazord attacks, and the Samurai Megazord destroys Levira's Zord.
- Below, the five SMF Rangers fight Levira and red Bruisers as Silver continues against the giant Bruisers above. The SMF Rangers shield themselves from Levira's missiles using Mystic Force powers.
- The SMF Rangers perform full changes to [SunVulcan] (Red), [Maskman] (Blue), [Fiveman] (Yellow), [Changeman] (Green to Black), and [Flashman] (Pink to Green). Above, the Q-Rex uses Torozord's finisher on the Bluebots. Levira dies to the Super Mega Cannon.
- Silver joins the others below, but lasers strike them from above. The sky is darkened by an unfathomably large armada.
Update: This episode will be adapted as SMF #19: "The Wrath."
The emperor's invasion begins. The Rangers opt to destroy the great treasure.
- The SMF Rangers flee laser blasts and board the Zords. Auxiliary Zords help; the Legendary Heliship Megazord is formed (as well as a Winged Q-Rex using Mega Winger!), and [Dynaman] and [Jetman] attacks are used. More armada ships overpower the Zords and pummel them with missiles. The flaming Sky Ship crashes downtown.
- From the flagship, an image of the emperor speaks to the people of Earth.
- At night, the wrecked Sky Ship is seen among city rubble.
- General Fishface arrives in the city with mixed grunts. The SMF Rangers pose in front of a pirate flag and attack.
- To block a red Bruiser blast, Silver uses MMPR Green powers. As MMPR Red, Red receives the Dragon Shield and destroys two red Bruisers with the Power Sword and Dragon Dagger. Other finishers take care of the remaining Bruisers.
- General Fishface tries to blast the charging SMF Rangers (cliffhanger).
Incorporated into SMF #19.
The SMF Rangers triumph over the armada.
- The SMF Rangers try their finishers against General Fishface, but the armada ships begin blasting the city.
- Basco's ship flies into the hostile armada and rams the flagship just as its own shields fail.
- In the flagship, Red and Silver fight their way through Bruisers as the others fight Fishface below. On the flagship's bridge, Red and Silver destroy X-Borgs and red Bruisers and then battle the emperor himself.
- Red uses the controls to open fire on the rest of the armada. As Fishface watches the armada fall apart, Blue blasts him as SPD Shadow; the others attack as Samurai Red (Yellow), Sentinel Knight (Green), and Mystic White (Pink). Green-Sentinel transforms into a sword (!) which Blue uses to slash Fishface. The team then uses the Super Mega Cannon (result unseen, but Fishface doesn't appear further).
- While fighting the emperor, Red and Silver blast the controls. Their attacks then seemingly destroy the emperor, and the bridge begins to explode. The flagship crashes to the earth and explodes.
- To fight the surviving emperor, the SMF Rangers use various attacks. Appearing here are MMPR Pink with Dino Yellow, Galaxy Red with Magna Defender, Space Black with Lightspeed Blue, and Zeo Gold with Zeo Red.
- The SMF Rangers finish with assorted super modes (Legend Mystic Pink, SWAT SPD Green, Shark Samurai Red, Ultra Megaforce Blue, Master Jungle Yellow, and Silver's Gold Mode). The emperor survives their attacks, as well as a SMF sword finisher, so they fire the Super Mega Cannon at pointblank range (result unseen).
- Later, the Sky Ship is shown intact. It sets out as glowing Ranger Keys descend into the city. The Sky Ship then sets out into space.
This episode will be combined with the Legendary Battle footage from Gokaiger #1 in SMF #20: "Legendary Battle."